CCIE R&S v5 Exam Review on 08 August 2018
1. acl 10 & 30 deleted.
2. ospf cost. same as cciernstricks
3. acl wrong on r12,r13 and wrong area id for r23
4. R21 route-map LP out. ****THERE WAS NO ANY REQUIREMENT OR WARNING SAYING NOT TO CHANGE BGP ATTRIBUTE FOR ME*****
depends on the variation i suppose
5. ospf mode wrong
6. bgp add the network the ipv6 vlan 2001.
7. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO TRACEROUTE OUTPUT
lo0 was not in ospf for one of the router, forgot which one ( one the routers in the middle 1 or 2)
route-target wrong. only this two fault but the traceroute did not match the ones provided. two traceroute
and only one matched. played with ospf cost at DC1 to get the output. not sure which interface but was toward
R10 from one of the switch. Once ur in the exam you can figure it out. just increase the cost so the hop matches output.
**there was no any requirement saying not to play with the cost and cisco said there is only two fault (which was the first two i solved)**
8. missing only dhcp relay info trust. once applied was ok, did not do “ip arp inspection trust”
9. wrong tunnel keyf
10. outside nat. same as cciernstricks
all cciernstricks ts question are same in the lab
H2 (exactly as same as cciernstricks)
same as Cciernstricks H2 version
only in Q2 for IPv6 HSRP I choosed answer from H2+ Cciernstricks Solution
– unknown device in CE’s LAN, high preference gateway – which is IMHO correct
Why did i choose the answer same as chodec?
from the snapshot the host was getting a default route to FE80:666 which means it was a rogue device in CE’s LAN
Nothing to comment. It was pretty much same as cciernstricks . No extra requirement. Everything was clear.
-TTL to test it out once applied bounce the HUB tu0. Once the spokes all go down. Bounce the spoke one by one. They will come up.
-for JACOBS bgp. i reconfigured using 65001, using local-as 65006 no-prepend replace-as
-ipv6 required to pass int vlan100
-ospf for branch site all configured. Only DC need to configure
-bgp configured for branch sites as well. no bgp router-id and some other configs.
Others all same as Cciernstricks
**My humble advise. Please prepare for all the topo and make sure you know in a out about the topo.
Not to memorize but to understand the flow of it. I made several crucial mistake which i had tshoot and find out.
Did panic out a little and could not remember what i missed. Manage to figure out and had enough time to save my configs.