CCIE R&S v5 Exam Review on 08 September 2016
Got my number.
TS1 – Vlan Issue Only (added vlan 12 to the trunk) – no DHCP problems at all.
TS2 – Wrong CHAP Username and DHCP – dindt had to change VTY config – Telnet successful
TS3 – Passive Interface on R22 – Segment between R21 and R22 already /29, didnt had to add area 1 range.
TS4 – The logging output already showing K-value mismatched and wrong bandwidth on R12.
TS5 – Changed MED values on R4 and R6. Nothing else, traffic going out was ok (Local Pref and such was already ok) –
- A side Note for this one: On Alinux TS version it is requested to Assure the inbound traffic from INTERNET (R32) to R12 must enter via R22. This was NOT requested on my version of the Exam.
TS6 – IPv6 – Network behind R25 was not being advertised and wrong NextHop value on R25’s route-map as well.
TS7 – R15 – Incomplete config. (added no next-hop-self and no split-horizon, and nhrp redirect) , R19 – Fixed ACL to include ESP.
TS8 – For this one I did a couple of things, but not all of them were required. <—In my opinion this is the one you probably want to focus on your practice, since it consumes more time than other tasks.
- Fixed nat and VRF import and exports.
- Configured ip cef and verfied LDP peerings on al routers.
- Verified for wrong static routes.
- Verified Loopbacks subnets mask.
- Redistributed on BGP and OSPF and vice-versa. (This was more like a double check, but on R7 it was incomplete).
- Added default-originate on R8 with the proper MED value.
- Since my version the MP-BGP , it was a full mesh peering. Needed to increase OSPF cost on R2 towards R4.
- Then increased OSPF cost on the second link between R6 and R4. This to ensure that the VPNs traffic went through the MPLS net.
- I tested everything including fail over R4.
TS9 – The logging output already showing wrong IPSEC config. On R7 removed the isakmp with wrong address and configured it back with address of 0.0.0.0. Did nothing else, not even nat config.
TS10 – Enabled http service on NAS and configure R23 to foward DNS lookups towards Google’s DNS IP 18.104.22.168.
Config – Same Setup with VRF and MST. If you practice the Wbooks shared here a couple of times you will do this in no time. I wont post how much time I took me, but what I can tell you I finished all the exam in record time for me, taking in account I always get nervous and such.
Diagnostics – Sorry I dont remember much about this one. So please dont ask to “TRY to Remember” or anything else, what Im posting is what you’re gonna get.
- Issue with VTP
- The one with Host Mac address
- uRPF one – I knew the Issue, but the order of operation was kind of different. Didn’t finished it.
So this is my feedback. I was pretty confident I could make it this time. Materials I used:
INE Workbooks 1 – 5 INE – ADV TECH Videos – Old and newest
Cisco 360 Workbook
Techtorial – A must to READ on the last month of your training. <—EDITED from WATCH to READ – This is a CiscoLive Presentation. Google it, I dont have the link.
Books: TCP/IP Vol 1 and 2, CCNP Library (version 5), IOS CookBook 2nd Edition, MPLS fundamentals, BGP book from White Russ, Cisco Documentation for Labbing is a must.
When I finished studying I took my last month to practice with the Topologies only, All the answers and configs were on my own. The last week took the time to exchange feedback with you guys and this
made myself more confident. This is a hard exam indeed, but it is also doable, is not impossible. Please don’t just dump, study and learn the technologies and youll get your number honestly and make
the cert. worth it. But once, again when you finish your studies try the workbooks posted here so at least you learn the topology before the exam so you feel more confident.