CCIE R&S v5 Exam Review on 20 February 2015
2. The interface at exam is slow those used to work on real devices, will find it annoying..
3.Important to verify the config on devices, reason-1 as quite few sections have preconfigured, this will reduce lot of time & reason2 -few misconfigurations
4.Try to club sections together -for example..ospf/bgp/mpls in AS12345 can be grouped
5. SAVE very often, Had a bit interuptions while sessions hanged for all users… proctors re-set it and had to re-login all devices again, they gave only 10min as compensation..Troubleshooting ( I took 2.30 H)
Same as what have been discussed here, I used Guru’s WB.
It could have been completed in 1.30 hr but,I took 2.30 min, Q5 and Q8 took 15min each,
and i did something wrong in Q7, which took a lot of time in end.
1. DHCP — incorrect vlan on interface connected to PC
2. PPP —- ipcp route default missing on client
3. OSPF — remove max-metric router lsa
4. EIGRP Loadbalancing (normalmode) —— remove Bandwidth on one interface, Metric weight 0 1 1 1 1 1
5. BGP – Two races were not matching — one related to bgp not established with RR, – one related to LP/MED
6. IPV6 — incorrect next hop specified on one router
7. DMVPN — four faults – ipnhrp redirect missing on Hub; ip nhrp shortcut on spoke,split horizon not disabled; ACL on R19
(I think i messed up this one)
8. MPLS – trace to internet ; Trace to server in HQ–
ip nat outside missing on R7; BGP peering missing for ipv4 with R3/R7; Default originate always reqd at R10/R9
9.DMVPN R7/R24 — NAT-T disabled.
10.NAS — ip domain lookup on NAS; ip dns server on R1, some interface had a secondary IP.
Diagnostic ( 0.30m )
But if you were to read all the logs/config and lots of input provided, 10min per Q may be just right.
But that we have read this, was able to complete in 10min, then took a break.
1. One user cannot access the network after the switch was replaced-
a) Identify the device & command to issue ( Sw-3; Sh runn int eth x/y)
Confirm — ( Get MAC on Sw 3 int x/y)
2. Unicast RPF
a) Arrange the sequence that explain the events (8 tabs)
Specify the cause ( uRPF)
3. DMVPN has Eigrp flapping
a) identify the Device causing problem ( HUb)
Specify the resolution ( Remove NBMA from Eigrp)
Config ( I took 4.30 H + 0.30m for verifying)
All Questions same as mentioned
Section 1: vlans & interfaces were preconfigured in two switches, just need to verify; PVST; rest all the same
Section 2/3: as you know, lot of dependencies, tried to do sections together
2.1/2 OSPF in AS12345; EIGRP in 34567 same as mentioned in forum
2.3 -Eigrp 64bit in AS45678- no authentication.
2.4 – Eigrp in AS65222 – Stub?
( 15m +lunch + 45m )
Then i did 3.1/3.2 along with 2.5/2.6/2.7/2.8
2.5: BGP in AS 12345 make R1 as RR, specify peergroup as iBGP
2.6: BGP in AS 34567 ; 2.7 BGP in AS 45678/65222 ; 2.8 BGP Policies
3.1: MPLS core ; 3.2 MPLS PE
3.3: DMVPN; 3.4: DMVPN Encryption
(1H 45m inc verify)at this point, I verified all sections and did get the desired output.
2.10/9 – IPv6 BGP/OSPFv3 — Loopback ipv6 wrongly specified in R12/14
2.11 – Multicast
Section 4/5 :same as mentioned; Got required output in all
( LAB.1.1 and had about 25 min for final verification.)
only while verifying i noticed that the question 2.4 says R17 should not probe R18/19 in case routes become active —
EIGRP stub? while trying to re-configuring this i suspect I messed up something in AS45678/65222