CCIE R&S v5 Exam Review on 22 September 2016
After a very long journey ended with successful result…I got my CCIE number….
Here is the updates…
1. Layer2 – Vlan 12 was missing / Access-list 1 was configured in SW1 which is blocking the user traffic /Mac address manually configured @ interface e0/0 and I correct it…Tested and RESOLVED…
2. PPP – Configured R17 complete ppp configuration / it was configured frame-relay instead of PPP.
You can’t get telnet from R11 to R17 unless until you fix the 4th ticket…didn’t tested.
3. OSPF – R22 ospf router-id was wrong. (you should clear ospf process after changing the router-id) OSPF cost 1 configured in R22 E0/0.Passive interface int e0/0 configured in R3.Tested… RESOLVED
4. EIGRP – Prefix-list configured on R12…Modified prefix-list and advertised the network to eigrp / also passive interface configured R13 e0/0…I correct it and tested… RESOLVED
After completing this ticket I tested the telnet connectivity between R11 & R17 it was working fine. Resolved Ticket 2 here… RESOLVED
5. BGP – Initially trace from R12 dropping without reaching one hope…I checked the connection between R12 to R4 / R6 it was up and running but the mpls session R2 is making neighborship with R4 & R6 only because mpls not enabled interface e0/0 which is connecting to R1. Also the “ip cef” not configured in R1.Trace was going through R4 only… RESOLVED
Removed set next-hop address configured under (R5) pointing to R2 and observed all routes are passing via R21 instead of R22 because of the wrong Local preference configuration under R22…I correct and tested…match with the results… RESOLVED
6. IPV6 – R25 is not making neighbourship with R22…Configured IPV6 BGP neighbourship with R22 and advertised E0/0 network with /64 masks. Also configured IPV6 autoconfig command to and tested the ping from Mobile to R32 IP – RESOLVED.
7. DMVPN – R15 to R18 dmvpn tunnel showing NHRP state because access-list applied on R14 interface e0/0 denying the ESP traffic. Prefix list was configured which is permitting only default route from R5.I modified and able to reach R18 from the server. Also configured “ip nhro shortcut” command on all spokes and ip “nhrp redirect” command on HUB – RESOLVED
8. MPLSVPN – Default originate / default route configuration to internet / ipnat inside and outside commands were missing. Also the network not advertised in to SW3 and SW4. I configured the ospf cost R4 & R6 for load balancing and worked fine…Initially load balancing was not working and it took around 3 to 5 minutes – RESOLVED
9. DMVPN – Crypto configuration was good. Checked ospf…everything looks fine but still the dmvpn state shows “IKE” state – NOT RESOLVED
10. NAS was getting correct IP.I spent around 15 minutes… it was getting different IP not the correct IP. When you clear the dhcp it was incrementing…. finally the dhcp configuration was missing in NAS…I clear the bindings…shut and unshut the port…it got correct IP. Configured domain lookup and name server configuration…RESOLVED
1. Old one – VTP password mismatch
2. New – don’t remember
3. Unicast – Unable to complete
For the LAB
With VRF strong authentication – Nothing change
Once again Thanks a lot all here who share their wonderful experience, suggestions that guided me for achieving my dream…Thank You….