CCIE R&S v5 Exam Review on 23 February 2015
Guys, recently I’ve made my second attempt to the LAB and passed, I’ve got my magical #
Below my feedback:
TS: easy one, same faults as recently reported:
1. dhcp -> wrong vlan
2. ppp ipcp route default
3. max-metric router-lsa
4. eigrp -> don’t remember exactly but afair is was bandwidth and metwic weights to match FD
5. 1 of 4 trace was wrong, don’t remember what was wrong but it was quite easy, just need to remember to cle ip bgp * after any change, I’ve been restarting bgp on rtr on which I was mading changes, but ALSO on neighbouring routers, just to be sure.
6. IPv6: wrong next hop
7. DMVPN: red con was on hub, need to fix it. redirect and shortcuts were OK
8. MPLS: missing default originate on upper routers and nat problems on them, other were configured correctly
9. wrong nat statement (outside <-> inside) and nat transparency issue
10. NAS: don’t remember exactly, afair nat was the issue
DIag: same as workbook
Surprisingly it was the easiest part, just followed the requirements and everything was working. BGP in 12345 was partially configured without faults, R20 wasn’t preconfigured.
There was no vrf, no ntp auth, just simple master/client configuration. rapid-pvst. no max-metric on R1, eigrp stub feature was to configure on R18 and R19.