CCIE R&S v5 Exam Review on 23 June 2016
My feedback is:
1) Bad DHCP cliend identifier and ACL on VLAN 12 between SW1 and SW2. Didn’t delete the access-group command, just added the sentence to allow OSPF membership and to allow the requested ping.
2) CHAP, no ppp ipcp route default in R17.
3) OSPF. Interface Et2/0 shut in R21 configured as /29. In R22 int et2/0 was configured as /30. In R5 added a summary to make it /29.
4) EIGRP. Metric weigths 0 1 1 1 1 1. R13 had a distribute list denying 220.127.116.11, I added lower sequence number permiting it.
5) BGP. Next hop self in R22.
6) IPv6. Advertise LAN network on R25.
7) DMVPN. Bad nhrp authentication in R19. Missing Nhrp redirect command in R15.
8) MPLS. Missing BGP session PE – CPE in both HQ routers. Increased OSPF cost in R4 and R6 interfaces for MPLS to work OK. Corrected NAT sentence.
9) DMVPN-NAT. Bad transform set configuration in spoke.
10) NAS. R24 had duplicated IP for NAS as secondary. Deleted it and everything worked Succesfully.
Cause: Default Gateway advertised — Device: Device Unknown.
Quick Solution: there were no option to change CE2 (the one with lowest HSRP priority), so the only logical option was: Shutdown LAN Interface of CE1 (the one with highest HSRP priority)
Wireshark Line: mine was 227 – RA FE80::666
Multicast: Same as JohnBrown but it was the Site 2 the one with multicast problems.
My Two Cents: The quick solution indicated a static multicast route. ip mroute 10.1.4.1 0.0.0.0 10.0.0.17
Config Old: MST, VRF Version, EIGRP Strongest Authentication, Shell Processing, NTP Authentication.
I may dont remember all the faults, but it is pretty close to what i got.
I Hope you find this information useful.