CCIE R&S v5 Exam Review on 25 August 2015
hi friends, passed the lab on 7th. result was very fast. go result as soon as i reached hotel….! amazingly fast cisco…!
1) vlan 12 was not allowed on the trunk link. so added the vlan 12 on sw2’s trunk link to match the traceroute output.
2) ppp hostname issue. Rectified it to match with username on R12
3) passive interface default was configuerd in R21. you know it very well what to next to load balance the traffic for 126.96.36.199/29 network.
4) R12 had a offset list configured. just denied the 188.8.131.52 from the list and got the required output.
5) trace to 184.108.40.206 was going to R4 and R6 both. the question demanded this traffic to go via R6. just manipulate the route-map on R6 or R4 and get the result. rest all the three trace was matching.
6) R25 was not advertising its IPv6 lan network. genera-prefix was configured on e0/0 of R25. found out the exact IPv6 add with “show ipv6 interface brief” and advertised it in bgp and got the trace.
7) added ESP traffic in the access-list on R19 and got eigrp UP over the tunnel. all the three spoke didn’t had “ip nhrp shortcut”.
8) R7/R8 was not origination default route and a bit of nat issue. R4/R6 had ospf up over lan network b/w R4/R6/R12. so added ospf cost on these links
9) R7 had crypto key pointing to address 192.168.1.2. changed it to 0.0.0.0 and it worked fine and ospf was up over the tunnel. NAT on R23 was perfectly fine.
10) NAS had the correct IP. checked everything and found R23 was missing “ip dns server”.
on most of the devices log was enabled. there were only few where it was disable. faced no trouble with this as i was able to find all the errors very smoothly. just practice practice practice and practice. this is the key
1) port on SW3 connecting to host was in down/down state. immediately understood the thing. it’s a port security issue. need to ask host for the correct mac address.
2) found midchain error on all the spokes. jumped to R15 config and found wrong redistribution.
3) it was an old question. just understood the packect flow of the scereo and got the result. “”packet drop due to ACL”” configured on R1’s interface towards R2 in “in” direction. jumped to “show ip access-list” output and found a deny statement for the host1 which was not able to reach internet(220.127.116.11).
had plenty of time left after diag. just watched the countdown clock to finised and relaxed myself.
got the config with vrf. all the things remain the same. R20 was half configured with bgp. R2 and R3 had no bgp config preconfigured. had to do it from scratch. need to add weight on R20 neighbors to match the traceroute required in the question.
above each section, they have written in bold letters to use the smartest way to configure the lab and shorten you typing. made full use of notepad…!!!
had it with done in 2 hr…waoo….revised the lab twice…question by question and line by line…this is very important…i corrected few little stuffs in the second do…!!!
All the best my friends for the lab…