CCIE R&S v5 Exam Review on 28 April 2015
I pass the exam today and my sincere thanks to cciereallabworkbook.com. I got 3 new diagnostics, lab with vrf (1.3) and missed version of TS1.0-6.
DIAG 1 – Exactly as in workbook Update PDF in the bottom of this post.
DIAG 2 – Exactly as in update, its DMVPN 5 devices and NBMA advertisement was causing tunnel to flap, its very tricky to find the problem.
DIAG 3 – URPF Strict Mode with RFC1918 ACL on R3 and Loose Mode with RFC1918 on R1, 15 D&D options total and we have to select 8, last part is to select the cause related to problem.
It was also spot on as per workbook update, read about uRPF and to practice it here you go with exact topology R1 E1/0 —-connects to R2 E2/0, R1 E2/0 —-connects to R3 E2/0, R2 E1/0 —-connects to R3 E1/0.
R1 is CPE with hosts behind it, R2 and R3 are ISP routers, ping from hosts to 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199. Ping to 188.8.131.52 fails from Host 2, all other works fine.
Lab has preconfiiguration changes like cef disabled, mpls label propagation disabled, wrong network advertised in vrfs.
1) pc 101 had manual mac add, put this in the client id on the dhcp router r8 and it fot the ip
2) r12 had ppp ipcp route default and r17 didnt
3) r22 has /29 subnet while r21 had /28…changed r21 to match r22
4) r11 or 13 filtered 184.108.40.206 in, permitted this so it worked
5) all traces worked apart from 220.127.116.11 for that on r22 i configured next-hop-self
6) r25 had the /128 prefix length advertised, changed it to /64
7) r17 and 18 dmvpn were up, on r19 had to change the nhrp authentication key and add ip nhrp shortcut
8) r7 and r8 were missing neigbhbor relationships for 123.
nat was wrongly configured
nat oustide was missing
18.104.22.168 went fine
9) wrong isakmp key on hub
10) wrong nat outside port no…8080 instead of 8008…changed it and it worked
also r23 had 192.168.1.200 as secondary address so this prevented nas fom using it